Key points about this information item Entebbe AirportInformation Description: Entebbe International Airport is the principal airport of Uganda, located near the town of Entebbe, on the shores of Lake Victoria, south of the capital -Kampala. Entebbe International Airport got uplift as a result of Uganda hosting the popular Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting (CHOGM) in November 2007. Photo Credit: Entebbe Airport ©Flickr/Cathboon
Most major European cities have regular flights from Uganda as well as the usual holiday islands. The new flights to Qatar have proved very popular.
Airline operators from Entebbe Airport include Egyptair, Brussels Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Emirates, Kenya Airways, South African Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Rwandair Express, Qatar Airways, Delta Airlines & Turkish Airlines. However the biggest airline is British Airways with 16% of the airport destinations.
Air Uganda, Eagle Air, ASANTE Aviation and Compagnie Africane d'Aviation operate regional flights to neigbouring cities like; Nairobi, Tanzania, Rwanda, Juba, Bujumbura, Kinshasha, Goma. Charter Flights can be arranged through tour operators or directly their carrier offices. Charters include those to Uganda's National Parks and Game Reserves, plus major Uganda Towns - (Jinja, Gulu, Arua,Kasese, Mbarara, Tororo) and the latest are those to Kihihi near Bwindi and The Bulago Island
Car parking, both short and long term is available at the airport as well as at numerous independent operators at generally good cost.
All about Entebbe Airport (Flights)
- British Airways (BA) :Centre Courts,plot4,Ternan Avenue P.O Box 3464, Tel: + 256 (0) 41 4257414/5/6
- Brussels Airlines:Rrwenzori Courts,plot1,Lumumba Avenue, P.O Box 3966,Tel: + 256 (0) 414 234201 | Mobile: +256 (0) 752 755 766, email@example.com , http://uganda.brusselsairlines.com/ | Flights on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday weekly.
- EgyptAir (MS):Grand Imperial Arcade,Shop 11,P.O Box7207 Tel: + 256 (0) 414 341276,4233960,4341276
- Emirates Airlines (EK) : Tel: +256 (0) 417 104 444 | Operate 8 flights a week between Entebbe and Dubai
- Ethiopian Airlines (ET): Tel: +256 (0)414 254796/7/+256 (0)414 345577/8, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.ethiopianairlines.com | Operate 14 flights a week.
- Kenya Airways (KQ)Jubilee Insurance Building,14 Parliament Avenue,P.O.Box6969, Tel: +256 (0) 414 233068/4344304,+256 312 360000
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines:Jubilee Insurance Building,3rd floor,14 Parliament Avenue,P.O Box 21025, Tel: + 256 (0) 414 338000/1/2, 4233068
- South African Airways (SA): 1 Pilkington Road,Ground Floor,Workers House,P.O Box7835 : Mobile: + 256 (0) 772 767 802 / Tel: + 256 (0) 414 255501,4345772/3/5 | Operates daily flights between Entebbe and Johannesburg | 07:15hrs(Departure) 10:30hrs(arrival)
- Rwandair Express (WB):Entebbe International Airport, Mobile: + 256 (0) 772 2614077,+256 (0) 414 353000
- Turkish Airlines (TK): Tel: +256 (0) 779 444 349 | Operate 5 flights a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) | Office locations- Ruth Towers 3rd floor Hannington Rd - Tel: +256 (0) 788 006 296 | Main Terminal Building - Airport- Tel: +256 (0) 414 322 260
- Qatar Airways:Rwenzori Courts,P.o Box 6710 Tel: +256 (0)417 800900
- Precision Air (PW):C/o Kenya Airways.Jubilee Insurance Building, 14 Parliament Avenue,Tel:+256 (0) 414 233068,4344304
- Eagle Air:Plot11, Portal Avenue,P.O.Box 7392, Tel: +256 (0) 414 344292,312263777
- Asante Aviation:Colline House 3rd Floor,P.o Box 7691, Tel: +256(0) 414250254 / +256 (0) 312265201. Email: email@example.com
- Air Uganda (AU) :Plot14 Insurance Centre, Parliament Avenue,P.o.Box 36591, Tel: + 256 (0) 414 258262/4
Kampala Aeroclub (Kajjansi) Tel: +256 (0)772 706107
Ndege Juu Ya Africa (Kajjansi) Tel: + 256 (0)772 220134
Car Parks Ltd (Concessionaire) manages the Airport parking space. On entry into the airport one picks a ticket from the entrance. With this ticket which cost Ush2,000 for the 1st hour of parking and an extra Ush500 for every extra hour and this is for the private vechiles. For the passenger vehicle and Lorries, the 1st hour goes for Ush2,500. There are two types of parking available - Short term and long term parking lot
From the Airport
Taxis which can be booked via Marshal (tel: +256 751 070550 +256 704 619784, firstname.lastname@example.org ) from Entebbe Airport to downtown Kampala charges around Ush85,000 (US$33)/(EUR25) for the 40km journey, which can take up to an hour. You may also contact your hotel/tour operator for assistance.
Check out Guide2Uganda for; Flights to Uganda, Uganda News, Uganda Events, Uganda Property, Uganda Accommodation, Uganda Restaurants, Uganda Businesses, Classifieds and Jobs in Uganda plus Uganda holidays & Attractions
Also check A guide to useful Telephone Numbers and Contacts in Uganda
Kjong Safaris is an East African Safari Company offering tours, travel, safaris